THE MONOCROMTIC SCHEME CHALLENGE
The second challenge had the following requirements:
- All will use the same line drawing
- Choose your fabric and techniques and stitching
- The color will be a monochromatic scheme. Meaning all in one color family. Simply explained as a color and the addition of different amounts of white. So, blue down to palest blue for example. Background color should be taken into consideration to be in color scheme.
- Color assigments were different for each stitcher. (Stitchers could trade color schemes, but no two stitchers could use the same.)
- If you do not want background color of fabric to show - print, paint, add fabrics or whatever.
- The design is a line drawing and as such contains no shading areas or details but you may certainly add some while you stitch.
- Design can be outlined or not.
Challenge #2 was presented at the January Quarterly Meeting 2012.